From:
Shari Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 90 08:33:39 CDT
The Minnesota Gophers lost one of their signees this week when Tom Nevers,
a recent graduate of Edina High School, signed with the Houston Astros.
The Astros picked Nevers with the 21st selection in the first round. After
the draft Nevers said the contract would have to be one he 'couldn't turn
down' in order to keep him from playing hockey. Well, they came through
with a $250,000 signing bonus, plus salary, and a special fund set aside
for him to use for college at a later date. I guess I'd have a hard time
turning down those numbers as a 18 year old also!

go gophers...
shari