From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 90 09:01:27 EDT
Mike writes:
>    The June, 1990 issue of The Hockey News reports that Toronto
>    has signed four collegians.
>    [stuff deleted]
>    There is no mention of Colgate goalie Dave Gagnon signing with
>    Detroit, which was reported back on May 22 by Bill Fenwick
>    in this group.  Maybe the Detroit reporter went on (early)
>    vacation. :-)

Funny you should mention it -- the Red Wings announced on Monday that they
had signed Gagnon to a four-year contract.  The terms were not disclosed.
The AP report on this seems to have given Gagnon superhuman powers:
"...Gagnon was Colgate's all-time leader with 51 wins in 33 games last
season."  Wow!  They mean 51 career wins, obviously.  His record last season
was 28-3-1 with a 2.81 GAA.

On another note, I saw an item today announcing that Brown University has
named Scott Borek associate hockey coach.  Does anybody have any more info
on this?

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"That boy's strong as an ox.  And just about as smart."
-- Foghorn Leghorn