Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 90 18:56:23 EDT
 Lance Pitlick, last years Co-Captain who missed the last half of the season
 with a severe groin pull, has signed with the Philadelphia Flyers. He was
 originally drafted by the North Stars, but because of the way the players will
 be divided for the Gunds' expansion team, the Stars let him go. I hope we get
 to see his "knock-em-down" body checks on TV this season.

 Dean Williamson who was set to return for his final year with the Gophers,
 (Actually a fifth season, but he missed almost an entire season with Mono.)
 has been declared ineligible because he played one year of Junior Hockey here
 in the states. Oh well!

 Five current Gopher players have been invited to try out for the 1991 U.S.
 World Junior Team. They are: Trent Klatt, Tom Newman, Joe Dziedzic, Mike
 Muller, and Jeff Nielsen. The World Junior Tournament is in Saskatoon,
 Saskatchewan in December. The head coach will be Kevin Constantine, who is
 with the Minnesota North Stars organization. The training camp is in Colorado
 Springs and runs through August 26th. That's all the hockey news here in
 Minneapolis!--Carol W.