From:
"S.J.Bongiorno" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:11:48 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 11:03 PM
Subject: Full Press Release on NCAA Decision

> On the beer front:
>
> "The suggestions include prohibiting the sale of alcohol during all
> college
> sports events (preseason, regular season, conference and postseason);
> encouraging fans to drink responsibly and legally outside stadiums or
> arenas; and prohibiting onsite alcohol advertising during all college
> sports
> events, taking into account contractual issues already in place with
> advertisers."
>
> Doug Peterson

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Are not "beer commercials" prevalent for all
the March Madness TV games???

Also for the football Bowl games?? I know the bowls are not NC$$ sponsored
but all teams are NC$$ members playing under NC$$ rules.

Maybe the NC$$ should suggest that member teams not participate in any Bowl
game that has alcohol related sponsor's. I'm sure all the teams would obey
and give up the appearance money. After all its all about the "athletes and
the integrity of the game".
 RIGHT!!!

Bongi

UML