From:
Arthur Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 90 13:06:25 EDT
Ignore the first version of this, which was incomplete. This is the
complete, accurate (I hope) version.
>    1) What is your favorite team and/or league?  If you consider yourself to
>         be a fan of college hockey in general rather than one team, please
>         mention this.  How long have you been following this team?
>
>    2) What team are you located closest to during the season (such that you
>         get to see a number of that team's games or are exposed to media
>         coverage of that team)?  This may or may not be the same as #1.
>
>    3) Where do you live (city, state, country, etc.)?  If you attend school,
>         what school will you attend in 1990-91?

I'm a graduate of Cornell University, class of 1971, and have been following
the Big Red since 1967. I live in Ithaca, NY, and work for Cornell, in the
Information Resources division of Cornell Information Technologies.

>    4) Do you have more than a fan's interest in college hockey, i.e. are
>         you a player, do you work in a coach's or SID's office, cover the
>         team for a campus/local paper, etc.?  Would you be able to send
>         information on your team to the list?

I'm the public address announcer and official scorer for Cornell hockey. I
travel with the team as a statistician and "unofficial historian,"
performing the function of sports information representative on trips when
our SID doesn't travel, which is most of them. I write a column on hockey
for the Ithaca Times, a local weekly paper. I did half a season of color
commentary on the radio about 10 years ago. I'm on the board of directors
of the Cornell Hockey Boosters Association, and editor of their newsletter.
All in all, just a typical(?) fan.

>    5) About how many college games do you get to see a year, live or tv?

All of Cornell's varsity games, including exhibitions, about half of the
junior varsity games, and other games in tournaments Cornell goes to. About
40-50 games a year.