From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:51:08 -0500
Working on something for the UAF Face-off Club's Newsletter (the "Nanook
News"-- available in Adobe PDF format from the UAF Web Page) and I figured
that, since it's still off-season, I'd ask Hockey-L:

What's the meaning and derivation of the term "shinny hockey"? How does it
differ from "pond hockey"? How does it relate to "organized hockey"? Does
proficiency at it have any relationship to profiency at the college level?

E-mail me privately, or post to Hockey-L, if you think that the thread
would be interesting, provocative or controversial.

Thanks.
--jp

--Jeff Partnow ([log in to unmask])
UAF-- Maybe not the best, but we're still playing!