From:
George Taber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
College Hockey discussion list <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 90 09:34:01 EDT
All that needed to be said in response to the original questions has been
said.  I would only add the following points:
1.  College Hockey is a great sport, in my opinion, the best. "If it ain't
broke, don't break it..."

2.  I would hope that Hockey East can use this opportunity to take a stand
against the disproportionate influence of Big Money Television.  Please, let's
use TV to showcase college hockey for the great game that it is.  Fine-tune the
rules to enhance the telecast and to make some money (video replays and comm-
-ercial time-outs are ok), but to knock everything so far out of kilter to
accomodate a television contract is unfair to the players, their families, the
coachs, the schools, the fans, and, ultimately, to The Game itself.

Thanks for the opportunity to express my opinion.  George Taber.