From:
Laura Leventhal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Leventhal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 08:27:09 -0400
>Pam's note piqued my curiosity, sorry if this has been discussed in the
>past & I wasn't paying attention.  How many states currently have (or
>plan to have) girls hockey programs?  I know there are several colleges
>that do, does anyone know how many?
>
>There was a good piece on during the Winter olympics where they interviewd
>a bunch of girls, who where playing on a frozen pond, about thier feelings
>on womans hockey becoming an Olympic event.
>
>thanks,
> mark (who's boycott of Bud has nothing to do with Wisc., but everything
>        to do with taste)
>

>"The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously."
>                                    Hubert H. Humphrey

In Ohio, Ohio State and Bowling Green State University have women's club
teams.  For BGSU, this is our first year of organized women's club hockey.
There are at least two womens's hockey associations, affiliated with USA
Hockey, in Ohio.  They are the Ohio Women's Flames in Cleveland and the
Central Ohio Women's and Girl's Hockey Association in Columbus.

laura

Laura Leventhal                         419-372-2765 (office)
Associate Professor,Computer Science    419-372-8061 (fax)
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH   43403