From:
Jonathan Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jonathan Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 14:53:24 -0500
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Maybe I missed something, but does anyone know why ESPN didn't
>pick up the coverage of the regionals like they did last year?

The East and West regional were covered by FOX.  With FOX's acquisition
of several regional sports channels and the launch of the cable FOX
Sports channel, they are trying to get some of ESPN's market share.  I
think they are doing a good job winning the local-market (usually very
loyal rabid) fans.

Just my $.02.

Jon