---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bradley Nuding <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 11:36 AM
Subject: JOB POSTING - Penobscot County EMA_GIS Specialist
Cc: Jennifer Snow <[log in to unmask]>, Lynn Dwelley <
[log in to unmask]>
We would greatly appreciate you sharing this opportunity within your
*Emergency Management Agency *
*Job Title: *Geospatial Database Manager
*Hours: *M-F typically
*Department: *Emergency Management Agency
*FLSA Status: *Non-Exempt
*Reports to: *Emergency Management Director
*Approved By: *County Commissioners
*Pay Scale: *$23.45-$29.67
*Date: *January 3, 2022
*POSTING DATE: *January 3, 2022
*CLOSING DATE: *January 24, 2022
*HOW TO APPLY: *Submit application to:
Human Relations *
* 97 Hammond
*Applications can be found at: *
<https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment>* or the Human Relations
office located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97
Hammond Street, Bangor*
*Job Summary**: *
Responsible for the Geographic Information System (GIS) program for
Penobscot County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) and the County of
Penobscot. Build rapport and establish collaborative relationships with a
broad range of partners, including entities from the public, private and
nonprofit sectors, academia, and municipal leaders to develop and promote
GIS capabilities, technical support, and training countywide. Employee must
be available 24/7/365 in case of an emergency and be available for daytime,
evening, overnight, and/or weekend assignments. Assignments may include
travel, training, exercises, attendance at meetings or conferences,
Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activations, and/or fieldwork, some with
little to no notice.
- Developing, coding, maintaining, and integrating databases with GIS
- Locating, analyzing, and presenting spatial data in the form of
tables, graphs and charts to stakeholders.
- When requested, provide a full-spectrum of GIS services in support of
the municipalities, unorganized territories and critical infrastructure
within Penobscot County.
- Performs analysis on a broad variety of geodatabases and business data
as related to Public Safety applications, such as Computer-Aided Dispatch
(CAD) and Enhanced 9-1-1.
- Develop and deliver instructional and educational materials for both
the public and governmental partners. Conduct presentations to civic
organizations, agency partners, and public and private institutions
whole community* GIS applications.
- Serve as the County’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) GIS Specialist
during emergent crises by displaying situational awareness incident
- Work as a member of the EMA team in the performance of duties.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Understand and work within Penobscot County Government Policies and
- Exercise high professional ethical standards. Maintain
confidentiality. Exercise sound judgment and discretions when dealing with
sensitive or other protected information encountered during course of work.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned or required.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: *
· Bachelor’s degree in a closely-related field accredited by the
U.S. Department of Education; *OR*
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of spatial data concepts, cartographic principles, and
- Knowledge with FEMA Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP)
- Knowledge with U.S. EPA’s Computer-Aided Management of Emergency
Operations (CAMEO) suite.
- Skills in reading and interpreting engineering documents, surveys,
topographic information, and aerial photography.
- Skills in using practical programming and/or scripting languages (
*e.g.,* Python, *etc.*).
- Skills in working with Lidar and with spatial data analysis software (
*e.g., *ArcGIS, *etc*.).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with
- Ability to Remain objective in sensitive situations and maintain
constructive working relationships while seeking conflict resolution.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate department operation, applying
judgment and discretion in resolving problems and interpreting policies and
regulations. Collect, assimilate, and analyze data and information related
to operations, equipment, and functions, and prepare appropriate
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in making strategic decisions
affecting emergency management programs and operations. Work independently
without regular direction, and troubleshoot problems in assigned area of
- Ability to develop, prioritize, balance, and complete long- and
short-term goals. Develop related departmental projects, objectives, and
budget. Leverage resources and coordinate with internal and external
partners to achieve goals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office conditions, the noise level is usually quiet. Travel
throughout Maine to attend meetings, training, and disaster exercises
directly related to GIS, emergency management, hazardous material storage,
and release, and commodity transportation. May be required to work outdoors
in all weather conditions for training, disaster exercises, and real-world
*Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:*
The physical requirements described here represent those that must be met
by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to sit and stand (at times for prolonged periods), communicate effectively
and actively listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk,
climb, crouch, crawl, bend, push/pull/drag objects, and use hands
repetitively to support emergency management functions and missions. The
employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
*Penobscot County provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. *
Bradley Nuding, CEM®
Penobscot County Emergency Management Agency
69 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Office: (207) 945-4750
Cell: (207) 350-7028
Fax: (207) 942-8941
Email: [log in to unmask]
<https://www.penobscot-county.net/> CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any files
transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify
the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake
and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended
recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking
any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
Brandi S. McLellan- LeRoy
“I gradually became aware that my interiority was inseparable from my
exteriority, that the geography of my city was the geography of my soul.”
/ 🌲 🌲 🌲 🥔|
/ 🌲🦌 🌲 🌲 🔵🔵\__
| 🌲🌲🏕 🌲🌲🌲🔵🔵_\
| 🌲 🌲 🛶 🌲🌲🔵/
| 🌲🌲🌲 🦐 _🌅__/ ⛵️
| _/ ⛵️
This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:
Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to:
[log in to unmask]