GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender: Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>
From: Daniel H Walters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 06:55:54 -0400
From MEGUG Board:

MEGUG Call for Workshops:

The next Maine GIS User Group meeting will be held on June 20, 2008 at the
Maine Maritime Academy in Castine.  The Board would like to sponsor
several concurrent two-hour technical workshops to support the needs of
our membership.  The day long event will also include a bar-b-que followed
by a business meeting to discuss proposed bylaw changes and to recognize
the contributions of past officers and board members.

However, we need your help.  First, please send us ideas for workshop
topics that would be most useful to you.  Second, let us know if you want
to share your expertise and are interested in presenting a workshop on a
particular topic.  Some funding may be available to support the
development of the workshop and materials.

Preliminary ideas from the Board include:

Utilizing Google Earth, Virtual Earth, NASA's Worldwind, and ArcGIS
Explorer to support GIS projects

Developing and Publishing GeoPDF and ArcReader projects

What is LiDAR, what can it do and how do you spec out projects?

Geodetic control - what is being done to improve our referential framework

How to undertake a GIS needs and requirements survey

Please send us your ideas and be sure to mark your calendars. See you June
20th in Castine!

Dan Walters
Geospatial Liaison for Maine
Eastern Region NSDI Partnership Office