GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Rosseel, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rosseel, Kevin
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:48:07 +0000
^ Please pardon any cross-posting. ^

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has released the third edition of a report, 'Climate Change Indicators in the United States.' The report presents observed data on key measures of our environment, including U.S. and global temperature and precipitation, ocean heat and ocean acidity, sea level, length of growing season, and many others. With 30 indicators that include over 80 maps and graphs showing long-term trends, the report demonstrates that climate change is already affecting our environment and our society.

The third edition of the Indicators report adds additional years of data and four new indicators: Lyme disease, heating and cooling degree days, wildfires, and water level and temperature in the Great Lakes. In addition, the report adds four new features that connect observed data records to local communities and areas of interest, including cherry blossom bloom dates in Washington D.C., timing of ice breakup in two Alaskan rivers, temperature and drought in the Southwest, and land loss along the mid-Atlantic coast.

EPA compiles decades of observed data in cooperation with a range of federal government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, universities, and other institutions. The Indicators report focuses on long-term trends for key measures of our environment for which high-quality data exist. Each indicator and the report itself were peer-reviewed by independent experts, and extensive technical documentation accompanies the report.

To order a FREE copy of the report, send a request with your mailing address included to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To find more information about the Climate Change Indicators report, or to download a PDF copy, visit http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/indicators.html

 -Kevin Rosseel, MLS
Climate Change Division
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Washington, DC

202-343-9990

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: