GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"V. Kelly Bellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
V. Kelly Bellis
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2021 15:17:10 -0400
Hi Emily,

Thank you for all of you efforts for our community of spatial data users
keeping MEGIS data available.

On the page: https://www.maine.gov/geolib/data/index.html, there is
mention of WMS, among other types of services. There used to be
instructions on the Data Catalog pages for the procedures to add a web
mapping service to various GIS softwares, including the bits I wrote for
Global Mapper back in the day of Mike Smith. Such instructions are no
longer seen on the catalog page, now at:
https://www.maine.gov/geolib/catalog.html

Additionally, none of the previously configured WMS connection details
that I had added in Global Mapper's Online Data Sources function. All
attempts return cryptic error messages.

I'm guessing that things have changed on MEGISĀ  servers and I must
delete all previously configured Online Data Sources from MEGIS and to
Add New Sources for MEGIS, but will need some help please. Could you
provide instructions on how I can set things to work in Global Mapper,
or at least some procedural outline?

Here's a screen shot of Global Mapper's dialog box (v22.1) in case it
might help.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Kelly