GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"V. Kelly Bellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
V. Kelly Bellis
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:20:41 -0400
Hello,

I sit on the Ellsworth Broadband Committee (non-paid volunteer position)
and wish to map internet service providers /assets/ in order to help the
committee begin its planning for expanded broadband coverage in the
City; noting, I'm _not_ talking about the /FCC Form 477 //data
<https://www.fcc.gov/general/broadband-deployment-data-fcc-form-477>/.
 From what I can recall, Versant <- Emera <- Hydro owned most poles in
Hancock County (CMP to a lesser degree) and had reciprocal agreements
with NET&T, etc., for their shared use. All of my survey projects over
the past 34 years touched by overhead lines which included power
generally had recorded easements accommodating their use, and on some
occasions, I recall getting some shapefiles, but usually those files
were confined to just the immediate project area.

What I'm hoping to obtain is GIS data for the entire City of Ellsworth,
if the sharing of this information is permissible under current policy
guidelines of the utility company. /Ideally/, that data would include
utility poles and other structures with attributes pertaining to
internet service providers, and their related attachments to these
poles/ structures. I've reached out to info @ Versant Power with no
response yet.

I'd love to hear from you if you're aware of any resources available for
Maine communities trying to improve internet access for its residents,
as well as any advice that you care to offer.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Kelly
--
V. Kelly Bellis
17 Union Street

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: