GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Emily Pettit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Pettit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:57:21 -0400
Hello Maine GeoLibrary Data Catalog Consumers,

Announcement:

The intermittent problem resulting in GIS image service dysfunction has returned. The Maine Office of GIS has confirmed the root cause is not within the Enterprise GIS itself. Maine IT and the Maine Office of GIS have an ongoing effort underway to determine the source of this issue.

We do not yet have an ETA for resolution; we will update this posting when the services return to normal. GIS users may find the following imagery service alternatives helpful in the interim:

ESRI imagery accessible directly from GIS desktop applications
NAIP from USDA-FSA: https://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/rest/services
USGS The National Map service: https://services.nationalmap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/USGSNAIPImagery/ImageServer
The National Map:

https://basemap.nationalmap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/USGSImageryTopo/MapServer
https://basemap.nationalmap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/USGSImageryOnly/MapServer
Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Emily Pettit
GIS Coordinator
Maine Office of GIS
https://www.maine.gov/megis/

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: