FYI, I am forwarding this along. I am not affiliated with Sanborn, Head & Associates.
Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst
Sanborn Head is a privately owned consulting firm specializing in environmental, groundwater, solid waste and geotechnical engineering as well as hydrogeology and related earth sciences. We promote individual professional development through collaboration on complex and interesting projects and involvement in professional and business organizations. We value, and support, individuals seeking professional licensure.
Our Concord, NH office is looking for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst with 0-3 years experience. This person will primarily support environmental investigation projects that involve data management, spatial analysis, and mapping.
In addition to formal GIS training, the ideal candidate will have background in environmental chemistry, geology, hydrogeology, or other environmental science-related topics. Candidates must at least have a BS in, geographic information sciences, geology, environmental science, geography, engineering or another related field.
Examples of the position responsibilities include:
* Create maps and graphics, using GIS software and related equipment;
* Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, and required outputs;
* Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and identify options for how best the information can be displayed using GIS;
* Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps;
* Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports;
* Work with EQuIS to upload and retrieve environmental data from field and laboratory analyses;
* Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales; and
* Support various field investigations both in the field and office.
Interested candidates please apply on-line at www.sanbornhead.com<http://www.sanbornhead.com/>.
A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Sanborn Head is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Jeff Olson, GISP
6 Liberty Lane West
Hampton, NH 03842
This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:
Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to:
[log in to unmask]