GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Joseph Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2019 07:39:22 -0400
Good Morning everyone,
Attached is legislation sponsored by Senator Black to move support for the
Maine GeoLibrary into the Department of Agriculture and Conservation. This
was done at my request and I would appreciate your assistance in getting
this passed. The problems we are experiencing with data distribution and
data acquisition can be directly related to lack of support in the
Department of Administration and Financial Services. Lets face it you
wouldn't go to an accountant to get GIS services would you?

The Board needs dedicated staff support to make the data catalog more
intuitive and easy to use. It also needs full time staff support to manage
the orthoimagery, LiDAR and other data acquisition programs,

Please review the attached documents and let me know if you have questions
or would like me to provide updates to the bills progress on a regular
basis. It has been assigned to the Agriculture Committee.

Respectfully,

Joe Young
GIS Consulting
207-931-7626

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: