GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tora Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tora Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2020 08:36:51 -0500
Hi All,

We've had a bit of confusion, so here's a direct link to the MGI GIS Day
page with links to the Map your Maine survey and more information about the
events on November 18th!

Enjoy the sunshine!

Tora
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tora Johnson, PhD (she/ her)
Chair, Division of Environmental & Biological Sciences, Science Hall 107a
Director of GIS/ Associate Professor, GIS Lab & Service Center, Torrey Hall
223 University of Maine at Machias
[log in to unmask] ~ (207) 255-1214 ~ Twitter: @toradignity
Maine Geospatial Institute
<https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/> | University
of Maine System

Need to make an appointment with Tora during office hours? Go to
http://bit.ly/toraofficehours

Like the UMM GIS Program on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ummgis
Like the UMM Science Division on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ummscience/
Looking for internships, jobs or grad school opportunities?
https://sites.google.com/a/maine.edu/careers-umm-science/

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 6:46 PM Tora Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I hope you will join The Maine Geospatial Institute
> <https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/> (MGI) of the University
> of Maine System <https://www.maine.edu/> in celebrating World GIS Day
> <http://www.gisday.com/> on Wednesday,* November 18, 2020*. MGI will
> celebrate innovative applications and thought leadership in the field of
> geospatial technology by inviting the community to participate in three
> socially-distant ways:
>
>    - *“Map Your Maine,” a state-wide collaborative online mapping*
>    *project* that invites participants to share their favorite photos of
>    places in Maine *(October 29 – November 17*, with everyone’s results
>    revealed on the MGI website November 18). There will be prizes!
>    Participants of *all ages* may learn more and join the project on the
>    MGI website: https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/
>

>    - *“Navigating Your Geospatial Future,”* *a** virtual discussion with
>    Maine geospatial technologies leaders*, discussing careers and the
>    future of the industry (November 18 at 6 p.m.). Register to participate on
>    the MGI website:
>    https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/*. *Moderated
>    by Dr. Matthew Bampton, professor of geography for the Muskie School of
>    Public Service at the University of Southern Maine, the informal discussion
>    will feature special guests *Judy Colby-George, Patrick Cunningham,
>    and Saranya Kesavan*.
>

>    - *A virtual Geography Trivia Night for all ages *(November 18 at 7:30
>    p.m., check-in required at 7:15 p.m.; pre-registration required.) There
>    will be prizes! Register on the MGI website:
>    https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/
>

> *Don't forget to contribute your photos to the Map Your Maine
> <https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/> project before
> Nov 17th!*
>
> Cheers!
> Tora
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Tora Johnson, PhD (she/ her)
> Chair, Division of Environmental & Biological Sciences, Science Hall 107a
> Director of GIS/ Associate Professor, GIS Lab & Service Center, Torrey
> Hall 223 University of Maine at Machias
> [log in to unmask] ~ (207) 255-1214 ~ Twitter: @toradignity
> Maine Geospatial Institute
> <https://www.maine.edu/students/maine-geospatial-institute/> | University
> of Maine System
>

> Need to make an appointment with Tora during office hours? Go to
> http://bit.ly/toraofficehours
>
> Like the UMM GIS Program on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ummgis
> Like the UMM Science Division on Facebook!
> https://www.facebook.com/ummscience/
> Looking for internships, jobs or grad school opportunities?
> https://sites.google.com/a/maine.edu/careers-umm-science/

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: