FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Janette Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2016 14:48:50 -0400
Hello all,

Our website has a new look, we hope you like the changes!   One new feature
is the ability to sign up for notifications of library events as well as any
other town department news by using the Notify Me button at the bottom of
the calendar page http://www.orono.org/calendar.aspx?CID=24,  With that in
mind, we plan to phase out these weekly emails in the future.  We hope that
this will keep everyone informed of the things they'd like to know about
without flooding your inboxes.

Next week in the Children's Department:

Tuesday, July 12, 1-2pm, Jennifer Armstrong - Storyteller Visit, at KACH

Jennifer Armstrong has spent her life writing, singing and making music with
fiddle, bagpipe, banjo and words. She is a storyteller, singer,
instrumentalist, poet and published author with humor, warmth and grace. She
works as an artist-in-residence in folk arts, storytelling and writing as
well as a private teacher and a performer across the country. Jennifer was a
featured teller at the National Storytelling Festival in 1998 and 2010, has
been heard on NPR and has music recordings and published books to her
credit.  She will entertain us for an hour at the Keith Anderson building,
it's free and fun for all ages!

Wednesday, July 13, Tabletop Gaming for Teens, 3:30-6:30pm

Game time with friends in the community room for 4th through 10th graders.
Popcorn will be served.

Thursday, July 14, Children's Story Times @ 10:15 & 11am

Sunshine Story Time at 10:15 for little ones and their grownups, with songs,
stories and finger plays.

Once Upon a Time..Stories at 11:00.  Longer stories for engaged listeners.

Thursday, July 14, All Ages Gaming in the Community Room, 5-9pm

ALL ages and all gaming levels are welcome to play tabletop games. Teresa
Cassinelli (Gaming Extraordinaire and one of our Teen Gaming hosts) hosts
the program! Games are provided and feel free to bring some of your own if
you like.

Janette Landis

Circulation Desk Clerk

Orono Public Library