FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Stanley M Levitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:37:01 -0500
Why did not the town send an email out to announce this meeting? Wish I had
known. There was a study done for free by a group run at the library a few
years back with a professor from the university. Several towns people
attended. It would be good to also include his conclusions and the town
residents that gave their good time.

Implementing a plan with little notification to the people of town is not
good policy. As we know most people do not participate in town meetings so
I believe the town must take effort to reach out. Maybe I am not
politically correct about this but it is what should happen in a small town
where we all know each other. Sorry if I come off as misinformed, but I am.

On record, I do not know if moving the cross walk works but I do have
several concerns. One, I think it will be confusing to drivers because
there is a traffic light. So unless you are asking the crossing guard to
only cross with the light you are adding to the chaos at the new crossing
place. Second the exit going left from the gas station exit that is closer
to the town hall is the "wild west" of left turns and needs to be
prohibited. If the left kept legal we will see more accidents there. This
may all have been addressed at the meeting and I hope it was. just my
thoughts.

Respectfully,
Stanley Levitsky Sr