FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Mary Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 May 2015 13:50:26 -0400
If you are a supporter of visual and performing arts opportunities for Orono's PreK-12 students and our community as a whole, but you have not yet shared your input as part of the strategic planning process, please consider doing so as soon as
possible!   We can insure that, in parallel with planning for a new sports complex, the urgent need for adequate arts education/performance space is also addressed.
There are several ways for you to speak for the arts.  Complete the online Strategic Plan Input Survey, preferably by this Thursday, May 14.  You will find it at
http://goo.gl/forms/onbKf3j6u4
There will also be a public meeting at which you can contribute your input.  The session will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 5:00-6:00p.m. in the OHS cafeteria, prior to the RSU's annual budget meeting.

And don't forget the following events showcasing our talented young performers:
- Tuesday, May 12, Hauck Auditorium, UMaine.
Orono High School Spring Concert, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 13, Hauck Auditorium, UMaine.
Orono Middle School Spring Concert, 6:30 p.m.
Here are TWO splendid opportunities to celebrate the accomplishments of our community's talented and hard-working vocal and instrumental musicians, under the direction of Choral Director Terrence Henry, Band Director Steve Hodgdon, and Orchestra
Director Waldo Caballero.  Orono is admired all around the state for its superb music program, and these concerts will show you why!  Admission is free; donations gratefully accepted.  Raffle ticket and refreshment sales benefit our schools' music
programs.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, May 14-16, University of Southern Maine, Gorham.
All State Music Festival
Once again, Orono High School vocal and instrumental musicians will be performing in ensembles comprised of the best student musicians in Maine, selected through a rigorous statewide audition process.  Congratulations, all!