FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Janette Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2016 13:25:57 -0400
Hello all,

We are busy preparing for our Summer Reading programs here at the OPL.
Fliers will be coming home with Asa Adams students soon, so check those
backpacks!  We'll have info at the library too J

We'll kick off the summer fun on with our annual "Backyard Bash" on June 14,
in Webster Park sponsored by Orono-Old Town Kiwanis and Friends of the OPL.
Julie Monroe and friends will make music, Kiwanis will grill the hot dogs,
Friends of the OPL will be selling hot dogs, baked goods, watermelon and
lemonade. Feel free to bring your own picnic if you prefer.  We hope to see
you there!

Don't forget that our hours have changed, beginning June 1.

We now open at noon on Wednesdays and close at 5 on Thursdays.

Next week in the Children's Department we'll have:

Wednesday, June 8, Tabletop Gaming for Teens, 3:30-6:30pm

Game time with friends in the community room for 6th through 10th graders.
Popcorn will be served.

Thursday, June 9, Children's Story Times @ 10:15 & 11am

Sunshine Story Time at 10:15 for little ones and their grownups, with songs,
stories and finger plays.

Once Upon a Time..Stories at 11:00.  Longer stories for engaged listeners.

Thursday, June 9, 11:35am, Orono Village Green Groundbreaking

Construction is about to begin on the Orono Village Green in our back yard!
We will kick off the project and would love to have you join us.

(Please note that the back door will not be accessible during construction
this summer.)

See you soon at the library,

Janette Landis

Circulation Desk Clerk