FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Janette Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:05:49 -0400
Hello everyone,

Here's what's going on in the Children's Department in the upcoming week:

Tuesday, Aug. 16, 1:30pm, Race to Read Party, OHS Track

Celebrate your summer reading accomplishments with some silly and fun book
related track events.  Healthy snacks and ice water will be provided.  If
you finish your independent reading challenge game board beforehand, you can
bring it with you to the party to or stop by the library any time to claim
your prizes!  In the event of bad weather we will be at the Keith Anderson
building, please call the library to confirm.

Tuesday, Aug. 16, Reader of the Pack, 5:30-7pm

Stacey and therapy dog, Koda, will be here to listen to some readers.
Please sign up by emailing or calling me with your preferred time slot
(every 15 min) and I will work out a schedule and confirm with you.  This
program will continue every other week through the fall.

For more info: http://silentsidekicks.org/programs_therapy_animals_maine/

Wednesday, Aug 17, Tabletop Gaming for Teens, 3:30-6:30pm

Game time with friends in the community room for 4th through 10th graders.
Popcorn will be served.

Thursday, Aug 18, Children's Story Times @ 10:15 & 11am

Sunshine Story Time at 10:15 for little ones and their grownups, with songs,
stories and finger plays.

Once Upon a Time..Stories at 11:00.  Longer stories for engaged listeners.

Please take a look at our new website,  and sign up for notification of
events by using the Notify Me button at the bottom of the calendar page.  At
the end of August we will stop sending these weekly emails and hope that you
will make the switch to website notifications before then.    Here is the
link: http://www.orono.org/list.aspx

Janette Landis

Circulation Desk Clerk

Orono Public Library