FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Brian McGill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2016 22:44:56 -0400
Dear Orono School Community,

Please join us Tuesday  (Oct 18) at 7PM in the OHS Library for a
workshop/community discussion on the topic of "What does it mean to
be a district that focuses on student growth and achievement?"  We
promise to keep this short and efficient (60-70 minutes). And past
attendees at such workshops have found them positive, constructive
and enjoyable. For those of you at OHS parent-teacher conferences
(parents or teachers), we'd love to have you drop in even for 15 minutes.

We will be seeking the input of all stakeholder groups (parents,
teachers, students, community members) on this important topic. Orono
is lucky to have great teachers and we will start with some of them
sharing their ideas and successes in this area. Next we will discuss
as a group what it means to focus on student growth and achievement
collectively (as a school, as a district). We hope this can serve as
a touchpoint for decisions the board makes. And we would like your
input on what this looks like.

This is likely to be the last board sponsored workshop until the
budget meeting in May, so we'd love to have your input! (Of course we
love to have you come to our regular board meetings too!).

Brian McGill
RSU 26 Board