FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS Archives

Friends of Orono Schools

FRIENDS-OF-ORONO-SCHOOLS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender: Friends of Orono Schools <[log in to unmask]>
From: Janette Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:56:41 -0400
Hello all,

Our Summer 2016 Independent Reading Challenges are under way.  Read and
participate in literacy activities, earn free books and a chance to win a
grand prize in August.  We have something for all ages, check out our
display in the library if you haven't yet.

Next week in the Children's Department we'll have:

Tuesday, June 21, 1:30pm, Ready,Set, Go summer Activity Afternoon

Stories and activities designed to entertain children in grades K-3, but all
ages welcome.  Meet in our community room.

Tuesday, June 21, 5:30-7:00, Reader of the Pack

Stacey and her sidekick, Koda (or is it the other way around?), will be
visiting the library for some reading time!  Please give Louise a holler if
you'd like 15 minutes to read to Koda.  If you're unsure about the reading
part, please stop in to meet our special library volunteers and find out
more about the Reader of the Pack Program at the Orono Public Library,
sponsored by Silent Sidekicks,  <http://silentsidekicks.org/>
http://silentsidekicks.org/.

Wednesday, June 22, Tabletop Gaming for Teens, 3:30-6:30pm

Game time with friends in the community room for 4th through 10th graders.
Popcorn will be served.

Thursday, June 23, Children's Story Times @ 10:15 & 11am

Sunshine Story Time at 10:15 for little ones and their grownups, with songs,
stories and finger plays.

Once Upon a Time..Stories at 11:00.  Longer stories for engaged listeners.

Don't forget that our hours have changed.

We now open at noon on Wednesdays and close at 5 on Thursdays.

See you soon at the library,

Louise and Janette

Circulation Desk Clerk

Orono Public Library