EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 07:09:12 EST
Michael Reck.  Someone else will remember the name of the book.
The man who first introduced me to Pound, Forrest Read, had very strong
doubts that Pound said what Ginsberg claims he said: "The one thing I regret
is the suburban prejudice of anti-Semitism".  When AG visited Chapel Hill, NC
in 1976, Prof. Read walked up to him and said that he doubted Pound said such
a thing.  Ginsberg said he did. I'll never forget the look Read visited upon
Ginsberg, eyes locked for what seemed like minutes, Ginsberg getting
progressively less comfortable.  Read finally responding,"No, he didn't."
Read stared a little longer and walked away.
Jay Anania