EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Timothy P Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:10:10 -0600
Good colleagues.

In the summer of 2009, I gave Mary a copy of Espresso, the Italian weekly news magazine linked to La Repubblica and left of center. The article described Casa Pound.

Last summer, she told me of her intention to proceed in litigation against Casa Pound for the defamatory and unauthorized use of Pound's name. She also read me the draft of her talk at the London Conference and expressed her hopes that her father's name could also be cleared from the opprobrium of his being declared a non-person by the U.S. court. I reminded her that law and justice were not the same.

I think that Mary has acted correctly to proceed against Casa Pound. At the same time, words like teppisti and delinquenti come to the mind of anyone reading the article in Espresso about Casa Pound.

Mary's fortitude is well known to all of her many friends. Her allies are words and intellectual courage. The denizens of Casa Pound, codardi tutti, rely on clubs and physical intimidation. Now they have lawyers who are running up their fees by ridiculous accusations about parentage. Squadistri tutti.

Mary will prevail.

Cordially,

Tim Redman