EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:10:04 EDT
In a message dated 08/10/2000 2:49:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 So, may I conclude that you do not distinguish the political stance of Ezra
 Pound from the stance of any advocate of US foreign policies (such as those
 in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Vietnam) which resulted in the deaths of tens of
 thousands, or millions--- as long as the person did not participate in the
 killing? If they did not kill anyone their views should not be subject to
 criticism?

Pound had no influence on Italian policies, but this isn't the issue and you
know it.  no one on this list, including me, has failed to condemn Pound for
his fascist stance.  but it's your intent to use his name in conjunction with
Mussolini and Hitler as often as you can in an attempt to somehow make his
crime and his culpability the same as theirs -- which is why you keep saying
it over and over, and why you have attempted to co-op this list to the point
where no one may say anything that doesn't call for one of your long-winded
and convoluted responses.  it's gotten to the point where almost every
message posted to this list is in response to one of your messages attacking
Pound.  you have subverted any attempt to speak favorably of Pound's work by
mindlessly repeating your principle theme that Pound didn't have a decent
thought or an honest purpose in anything he wrote. you are a blight to this
list, and your stance is a crude, anti-intellectual one. it's boring, but I
guess we'll just have to endure it for as long as each of us can.  I must say
that, for myself, I find no reason to stay on this list beyond a stubbornness
that refuses to allow me to give into a creep like you.

jb..