EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:55:22 -0700
      Pound made it clear that it was not just Jews who were the
practitioners of usury. Over at
    http://www.perfecteconomy.com/index-what-is-usury:html
someone writes,
    "Any economy based on interest-bearing debt ultimately terminates itself
under insoluble debt."
    Is this what Pound felt about usury being "contra naturam", "against
nature's increase"? Maybe we should all put on our Hegel caps and think
about that one.
    Perhaps only a modern Don Quixote would try to uncover all the tawdry
hypocrisy of his age, but why not take  that negative "Nee Cheese" advice, I
say, and "Cast not the hero from thy soul". But if you prefer Hegel, then
take his, "The purpose of a hero is to bring a new world into existence."
    Oh, those dreamy germans and Idahoans.

CDM