EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender: Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From: derek hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:15:50 PDT
I have a vinyl recording - "The World's Great Poets - Ezra Pound Reads His
Cantos" (Vol II). The sleeve notes by Hugh Kenner are dated 1968 and read "
A voice from another age, from a very old man, born in Idaho at a time
(1885) when the lanes of London were scavenged by municipal goats.  Marius
the Epicurean was published in that year.  Browning and Ruskin were active.
Wagner was but two years dead, Jesse James but three.  And at 82, in
Spoleto, 1967, borne by earthspin with the rest of us through a cosmic (sic)
adrift with artificial satellites, the survivor retraces his written
memories"...and so on...

So it looks like he definitely read there in '67 at least.