EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:36:22 EDT
In a message dated 08/04/2000 9:44:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 I'm not sure I agree that the idea of playing music in factories shows
 insensitivity to the work force, but even if it does, Pound's support for it
 is not an instance of his demonstrating his mad-dog fascist poet
 credentials; he shared his idea with the well-meaning if (in those days)
 "elitist" BBC.

o yes it is!  it's absolutely proof positive that not only emphasizes his
mad-dog hatred of the little folk, but also proof of an unrelenting desire to
kill the factory workers, whom he saw as nothing more than unworthy and
unnecessary inferior beings who were not worth the scraps of food they ate!
when the hell have you been, fella, haven't you read the evidence on this
last for the past few months?  how could anyone still retain any trace of a
possibility that Pound might have had a decent thought in the Mussolini mush
he called a brain?  I can reveal a little known fact that when Pound was
seven years old, he joined the Pennsylvania brigade of S.T.O.M.P. (The
Society to Oppress Minority People), and goose-stepped his way down South
Street in weekend parades.