EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
David Centrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:44:33 -0500
I don't think there is too much basis for my EP and "The Wall" idea; I've
been immersing myself in EP and critics and events of EP lately and I saw
the movie version of Pink Floyd's album, "The Wall," which illustrates the
thoughts and discontentments of "Pink," a rock-n-roll superstar who puts on
a black shirt.  If there is a basis for my (half-in-jest) apposition it
would probably have resulted from a misunderstanding of EP events on Roger
Water's (the lyricist/writer) part.  And, while I don't doubt the
possibility that Waters may have been familiar with Pound's work and life
events, the tone of the movie is too exagerated, I believe, to examine
seriously with Pound in mind.

"The Wall" should be available at any movie rental place, but, you may have
to ask the clerk.