EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Stoneking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:50:32 -0400
You said your colleague was not prepared to teach and let teach,
and I presume the governing body agrees with him/her....  as I
have said before in these discussion, quoting Whitehead... "the
secondhandedness of the learned world is the secret of its mediocrity"
I hardly see the relevance in whatever the powers-that-be ordain... if
you MAKE IT NEW you will find that there is only ONE idea underlying
any possible course that could be devised, and that the same idea
can be illuminated no matter what the syllabus lays bare as specific
content and approach...

Stoneking