EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:33:57 EST
In a message dated 02/13/2003 9:42:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Even jackasses can write great poetry.
> ==Dan

so where does that leave you?

They hang the man and flog the woman
That steal the goose from off the common,
But let the greater villain loose
That steals the common from the goose.

Constant apprehension of war has the same tendency
to render the head too large for the body.  A standing military
force with an overgrown executive will not long be safe.
companions to liberty.  -- Thomas Jefferson

"America is a quarter of a billion people totally misinformed and disinformed
by their government. This is tragic but our media is -- I wouldn't even say
corrupt -- it's just beyond telling us anything that the government doesn't
want us to know."

Gore Vidal