EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:31:38 EST
In a message dated 1/5/03 11:06:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I do know the answer to the question about Pound and W.W--one of the few
 that used to belong to this site who could actually answer the question;
 nobody on your comp committee will ask the question because it wouldn't
 occur to them. Although, I know the answer on "A Pact" I don't want to
 bore you with the polemic, however, ever how.  By the way, way, way, I
 could also manage the Harold Bloom persona, but I don't like the guy very
 much. He's the great asshole of American criticism, an mere imitator. Oh,
 by the way, most people find Emerson difficult; he does take time and
 effort--afterall he is a great poet philosopher.  He's difficult like
 Pound is difficult.  Also, if you actually believe there is a "truth," I
 wonder how you support such an assertion without providing a polemic of
 your own.  Truth is irrelevant in the real world and you will NEVER have
 access to it, except as found through the seer, the poet--this both Pound
 and Emerson though true.  We could say that your mere assertion, you
 provide a polemic of sort.  You folks miss something significant when you
 fail to see the connect/disconnect between Pound and Emerson and his
 enterage (which include HDT and WW.)  Whiteman by the way was just the
 physical manifestation of Emerson.  By the way, Whiteman was not a
 Victorian poet, as you suggest.  We could say that Emerson was, although
 he wanted to move beyond the neoclassical simple-minded poetic.  Pound
 went far beyond all these guys.  Because a few (or more) of you folks fail
 to understand the over-arching poetic and politic of the Cantos, doesn't
 mean there isn't one, won, 1.

 I wish you well, everyone.  Thanks for the good time, but I think I will
 seek out individuals and not groups for help.  I fair better that way.
 I'm a seer like Pound and Emerson was; nothing more than a miserable
 receptical in which either the gods or the oversoul or some other
 metaphysical manifestation pours its miserable poesy.  The poesy isn't
 mine though, but the metaphysical phenomenons.  I think I'll check into
 the mental hospital, now--maybe I can finish the Cantos.

geez.... isn't this fellow who said he didn't understand Pound?

jb...