EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:01:29 EST
No, I don't mean at all to say that Pound is unBrakhage-like.   Likely the
contrary.   A fabulous thread for study, I'd say.
Just recalling that Pound expressed an appreciation for Disney's nature films
that Brakhage might have disagreed with...but you never know about Brakhage -
I understand he's recently praised   - effusively - Spielberg's AI.   I
haven't seen this bit of criticism, but a film curator friend mentioned it.
Surprised the hell out of me.

Glad to hear Brakhage is highly regarded in France - I meant he, himself,
didn't go much to Europe, so far as I know.
EP wouldn't have seen stuff in St. E's because the films hadn't been made
then.   Post St. E's he would have had to have been taken to some tiny
screening...maybe it happened (I'd like to imagine it did), but I think we
would have heard about it, somehow.
In any case, what a wonderful intersection, those two.   Again, Davenport
would be the expert on biographical or, even, critical intersections.
Best, Jay Anania