EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Diana Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:40:44 -0800
Yay! Thank you Rick for the info. I'll definitely check it out.  How come you know Pound's work so intimately?

Interesting about 'avarice'.That was what Dickens said was the cause of the American civil war, I think. That it all started over taxes, and money of course fuels wars. Which, they wouldn't have had any (money or wars) if the government hadn't been goosing the economy for several years. Interesting to think that the more 'refined' civilization gets, the more the government offers and the people make per annum, the more irritable and disgruntled it becomes. Sort of like a spoiled child. But I suppose that's the nature of lust.

BTW, do you know of any modern economists who put Pound's philosophy into practice?

Thanks again, Diana Smith

Richard Seddon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Diana

I forgot to mention Pound's most important references to Usury. They are
Canto 45 and
Canto 51 of "The Cantos"

Rick Seddon
McIntosh, NM

A civilized man is one who will give a serious answer to a serious question. -Ezra Pound