EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:19:21 -0400
8bit
From:
Burt Hatlen <[log in to unmask]>
- Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine              <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I am preparing a brief presentation on the EP/Fenellosa/Rihaku connection.
>
>The thought has often occurred to me, that there seems to be little,
>if any Japanese commentary on Pound, esp. concerning the
>Fenellosa/Rihaku connection. Perhaps there is but it is not
>available in English. Perhaps it is there and I have just missed it.
>
>Can anyone help out?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Cheers,
>Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
>Dept. of English
>Camosun College
>3100 Foul Bay Rd.
>Victoria, BC V8P 5J2
>CANADA

The National Poetry Foundation publishes A Guide to  Ezra Pound and Ernest Fenollosa'a Classic Noh Theatre of Japan, edited by Akiko Miyake, Sanehide Kodama, and Nicholas Teele (Orono, 1994). We'd be glad to sell you a copy. You can order one by
sending me an e-mail.

Burt Hatlen
Director, National Poetry Foundation

And serendipitously, today's mail brings a book published in 2003 by Shohakusha Press (address: 1-6-1 Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0072, Japan). The book is edited by Yoko Wada and is titled Peregrinator: Essays on Literature in English to
Celebrate the Seventieth Birthday of Professor Akira Yasukawa. The book includes an essay by Yoshiko Kita on the Pound/Fenellosa connection, as well as an essay by Sanahide Kodama on Pound.

BH