EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:22:48 +0000
Dear all,

I just wanted to add to what Robert Kibler contributed to this discussion a few minutes back: Dr. Leon Surette studied at the U. of Toronto in the early to mid 1960s and wrote his dissertation on the Cantos under the supervision of McLuhan and Northrop Frye. If anyone would know what McLuhan was saying about Pound and the Cantos at that point in time, it would be Dr. Surette. I hope that he will see this and respond himself.

All best,

Demetres

Demetrios P. Tryphonopoulos
A/Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Professor, Department of English
Member of EditorAssociate Editor, Paideuma: Studies in Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics
Secretary, Ezra Pound Society
University of New Brunswick
Sir Howard Douglas Hall, Room 317
3 Bailey Drive