EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Stoner James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 11:52:21 -0800
My Dear Friends,

Happy New Year, especially to my good friends Gancie/Parcelli, Moyer,
JBCM2

If you are interested in putting a face to my personae, you can go to this
link:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/stoneris/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.view=l

I tell you I am better looking than Dr. Pearlman (no offense, I'm joking,)
although I'm sure he's more successful with getting dates.  I am
heterosexual so I can’t date any of you men, (although if JBCM2 sucks as
well as Dr. P suggests I might consider one date with him--again, I'm just
kidding so as to lighten things up a bit.)  I am looking for a nice woman,
however.  I am a relatively smart guy, one of my more redeeming qualities
:).  We might as well make this an Internet Personal Matching Site, since
substance seems to be lacking. "For what purpose is this board
anywho?--this is my sarcastic persona :)

I must tell you that I am rather surprised by your most intellectually
produced comments (mostly from Gancie/Parcelli, Moyer, JBCM2), which
belabor my many points I've brought out in the many recent messages I've
produced. I have tried--with some effort--to draft messages that are
articulate and well argued--logical, concise, accessible, allegorical,
citing both primary and secondary sources, and expressly creative.  I have
been attacked in ways that I would expect from persons that fall into the
elitist category as I have previously articulated--the recent messages
have attempted to defile me, through interesting and amusing puns, plays,
and outright demeaning and diminishing statements on my character and
personae.  I have yet to have any of these individuals explicitly direct
their comments at the content of my messages; rather my 'personae' has
been attacked.  It has been suggested that I am an 'asshole'.  I may be an
'asshole' but not for reasons that have been suggested by one of the
members of this group.  It has been my intention to address the
controlling screen personalities of this discussion list because of their
very narrow rendering of Pound; the fact that alternative perspectives are
dealt with by slurring the person producing the perspective; by
'despising' the writing expressing contrary and important claims; and by
viewing this writer as inferior merely because I produce intelligent
possible claims, arguments, and offerings, inconsistent with those who
dominate, control and define the 'reality' of this list serve.  I am
inclined, as I might, because I'm a bit of a rebel, to continue to
challenge the authoritarian personalities on this list serve, so as to
democratize it, rather then allow fascist-like ideological actions, from
continuing to dominate the definition of perspectives, and subsequently
reality.

I have been fair and have produced objective and well-rounded messages.  I
would say though, that in comparison to Jon W. (I should add Romano as
well-I've always thought he was thoughful), I have not met his mark of
intelligent responses.  Furthermore, I have stated that we can learn much
from Pound, his poetics, as well as his politics.  I see both the bad in
the good and the good in the bad.  I want to learn more about Pound and
his place and importance in literature.  I have not expressly stated a
firm opinion.  I also stated that my opinions do change often, especially
when confronting with well-reasoned and articulate responses.

I wish us all a very happy new year and hope that we can make this a more
productive and thought-producing list-serve.  Maybe not, we will see.

Truly Yours,

Mr. Steiner Berstein Stoner James James Stoner, Human Being.