EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Patricia Cockram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:56:33 -0500
hi, Nikki,
You may have heard by now from someone better informed than I, but I haven't
seen a response, so here goes.  The International Ezra Pound conference
takes place every other year somewhere that has a relationship to Pound or
Pound scholarship, that has offered to host the conference, and that is
chosen in a vote of the membership present at the previous meeting.  Last
summer we were in Brunnenburg, Italy, at the castle where Pound's daughter
Mary lives and where Pound spent some time after his return to Italy from
St. Elizabeths.  The next meeting will be in the summer of 1999 in Beijing.
This was controversial because of the cost of getting there, but it was
agreed that a meeting in China was important and that it was only fair that
for once the Pound scholars from Asia and Australia have a chance to go to a
meeting close to home.

In the meantime, there is also a Pound conference regularly scheduled at
Orono, Maine by the National Poetry Foundation.  I think it takes place
every two or three years and is scheduled for, I believe, 2000.  Perhaps
someone will step in and correct me if my memory is off here.

There are also Pound sessions at the MLA (there were two excellent ones this
year on Pound and Nationalism).  There is a call for papers for next year's
MLA in the back of _Paideuma_.

Best wishes,
Patricia