EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Catherine Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:51:12 -0500
Duchamp doesn't seem to be one of the artists that Pound commented on much:
there's one reference to him in Harriet Zinnes' *Ezra Pound and the Visual
Arts* (ND 1980), a "Paris Letter" from 1923 where Pound remarks on the
requirement of constant innovation in Duchamp's work.

At 04:10 PM 3/7/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Does Pound make any references to Marcel Duchamp that anyone on this
>list is aware of .... the question comes to me by way of the discussion
>contrasting Pound, Williams, etc.

Catherine E. Paul               [log in to unmask]
Assistant Professor
Clemson University              864 / 656-5413
Department of English   FAX: 864 / 656-1345
College of Architecture, Arts & Humanities
708 Strode Tower
Box 340523
Clemson, SC 29634-0523