EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:16:40 EST
If I can add my little pinch of salt.  Ultimately what matters is the work --
I think we can find some general agreement in that.  Personally I don't care
about analyses by those whose insights don't result in significant work.  If
what Carlo Parcelli has posted is representative of Paul Lake's work, then
his analysis is not validated by the poetry that results from it.  I prefer
Pound's method, which was to use his understanding of his art to guide the
poetry that his understanding produced.  To conclude that a particular poetry
is degenerate, and then produce nothing better than what is criticized,
speaks to the imaginative and introspective failure of that analysis.

joe....