EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Stoneking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:07:37 -0500
We could - doing no violence to the integrity of Pound's
own obsessions - take the Chinese meaning of "ching"
(sincerity) which is an equivalence of thought and action.
If we do this then one is left wondering how true EP was
to a Confucian ethic by pleading insanity when he, at least,
didn;t think he was mad!

Stoneking