EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:59:30 EDT
of course it's personal.  do you really think you're going to get substantive
discussion on what PC means?  Carroll Cox has it exactly right -- it's a way
for people to continue to be racist, or sexist without having to acknowledge
it.  on the other hand, I'm perfectly willing to discuss what it means,
historically, to be a liberal in the US, i.e., how to mouth pious phrases
while condoning and even supporting the murderous policies that give
americans *the good life*....  that's what enjoying one's *consumerism
without guilt* means....

jb...

In a message dated 08/14/2000 3:07:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,