EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

wmcpratt <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 30 Jul 2017 10:18:16 -0400

Dear Sarah: Write to:
Declan Spring, Permissions EditorNew Directions Publishing Corporation80 Eighth AvenueNew York, BY 10011
He will check with Mary, Pound's daughter, who is the executor for the Ezra Pound estate, who has the final word. You should quote what you are asking him for, and he will probably grant permission for a stated fee. I think he will reply to your request, but he may ask for details about your book, such as publication date and number of copies to be printed.
       Good luck, Bill Pratt

-------- Original message --------From: Sarah Lee <[log in to unmask]> Date: 7/30/17  7:08 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Obtaining permission to print Pound's poems in publications
Dear Poundians,

I'm writing a book chapter concerning Pound's early poetry and would like
to quote from some of his Imagist and *BLAST* poems. Just wondering how I
can seek permission from the EP Estate for printing them? (Advice would be
greatly appreciated as this will be my first time to publish on Pound.)
Many thanks!

Best regards,
Sarah