EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 13:33:41 EDT
perhaps to the surprise of no one, I'd like to associate myself with Carlo
Parcelli's observations.  it's tiresome to read studies of Pound's life,
which usually amounts to excoriating exposes of his many faults, by writers
whose only contribution to the study of Pound is an attempt to diminish his
poetic achievement  -- in my view, the most significant achievement in poetry
in the 20th century, at least in the english speaking world -- by viciously
denigrating him as a human being; I share Parcelli's view that this is
principally because the poetry of Pound is beyond them.

joe brennan....

In a message dated 05/21/2000 12:05:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,