EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:42:18 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 9:26 AM
Subject: "Which way in a vacuum?"

> So , who are the poet's of "the grandee narrative (religion, myth,
achetype,
> allegory,..." who discern the default of God in this destitute time? Do
you
> participate on their lists also? It must be a more fruitful experience
than
> wasting time here with a minor poet.
>
> Charles

charles,
     no question,
the "default of god" is indeed
the grande narrative of our "destitute times"
...where "god" is taken not in the old oedipal jewish fashion;
but, the universal marker for transcendental meaning
...and, of course, our greatest poiesis of this theme
is, i spoze, the ole rev. possum, no?

so...what's exceptionable about that?
why the animus?
... eh?