EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Alexander Schmitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:55:12 +0100
Nicolay:

  re "ABC of Economics" - try "Selected Prose 1909-1965", William Cookson, ed. I
have the Faber & Faber edition of 1973. Let me know if you can get it or what I
can do for you. The book is of 1st rate importance.

  Cheers,

  alex

Automatic digest processor schrieb:

> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. Losses
>   2. Small observations

> Date:    Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:43:14 +0300
> From:    Nikolay Nikiforov <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Losses
>
> Is there any chance of getting ABC of Economics?
> Was it reprinted?
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:16:00 -0800
> From:    charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Small observations
>
> Hideo, The problem with the term "occult" is described adequately at
> http://www.religioustolerance.org/occult.htm
>
> While the burning of heretics is no longer practiced, the casting of
> aspersions or the branding with tainting terms still is. Most often it is a
> case of "the pot calling the kettle, black".
>
> "Yes, man should follow the way of jen and stick to his principles." Basho
>
> CDM
>

> ----------
> >From: Hideo Nogami <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Re: Small observations
> >Date: Tue, Nov 14, 2000, 6:24 AM
> >

> > Thank you Charles for your note.
> > I carelessly spelled it kabara as it pronounced in Japanese.
> > As you noted, I found in the books I depended two kinds of spellings,
> > that begins with K and with C.
> > I corrected my page obeying the historian of religions.
> > As for the term occult, I wonder if it had a derogatory meaning to be
> > used for heretics.
> > Or is it just a word that means esoteric?
> >
> > Hideo Nogami
> >
> >>     Hideo,  All due respect to the differences of cultures (Kultur Klufts)
> >> -- "Kabara" should read "Kaballah" or "Caballah". Also I would suggest
> >> reconsidering the repeated use of the term  "occult" with its  dark
> >> connotations of unholy alliances, Satanism, and seances where the
> >> studies of
> >> mythology, hermeticism, alchemy, gnosticism and metaphysics have
> >> the greater
> >> bearing on the subject at hand i.e. Ezra Pound. See Pounds opinion of
> >> Alister Crowley for example.
> >>     Incidently, to a secular humanist there is nothing inherently "evil"
> >> about questioning the fantasies and assumptions of the Judeo-Xtn
> >> tradition.
> >> It would behoove us to remain objective.
> >>
> >>     "All the Jew part of the Bible is black evil." (E.P. 1940)
> >>
> >> CDM

> End of EPOUND-L Digest - 14 Nov 2000 to 15 Nov 2000 (#2000-163)

 Alexander Schmitz - Kleine Moorstrasse 8A - D-21640 Horneburg - Germany
Ph:(49)4163-7565 - Fx: 7549 - Mob: 0177-5128767 - eM: [log in to unmask]