EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"W. Freind" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:44:05 -0800
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Willard Goodwin wrote:

> Did anyone share my sense of deja-vu upon reading today's reports of
> Theodore Kaczynski's dissatisfaction with his defense lawyers? The issue of
> the crime itself aside, the insanity defense is surely the best way to
> insure that the accused's ideas will have no airing.

But the Unabomber Manifesto has been very widely read, disseminated by a
medium that the Unabomber hates: the Internet. Within days of its release
it was on a slew of sites and received thousands of hits, although it's
questionable whether anyone managed to wade through to the end. Guess you
could ask the same question of the China cantos, though <g>.

Bill Freind